Wednesday, September 28, 2016

La Lucha, Eljuri

OK, a week without posting here? It was not intentional and I hope to get my life settled and avoid the interruptions. It's not like I have nothing to write about. For example there is La Lucha (Manovill 70026 14445 43), the third album from singer-songwriter-guitarist Eljuri.

She sings for "the fight," the fight against injustice and senseless violence. Cecilia Villar Eljuri has been at it for 20 years. She has Spanish and Lebanese roots.

The music is a kind a Latin-Rock amalgam with some heavy guitar and an eclectic approach, oh and her nicely put together vocals.

I am enjoying this album as we speak. She has got something very good going. The first hearing I did not quite put it together but now I get it.

She's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment